If you are an app advertiser and you want to promote your app by paying some amount of money then you should know properly about Google App Campaign.
And you also want that your App will be installed by more paying users then think how do you connect with those users?
An app campaign helps in streamlining the process and provides an easy way to promote apps across Google’s largest properties. These properties include Google Play, YouTube, discover, search and Google display network.
All you need is to add some proper lines of text, bidding, and the addition of some assets and in last you just need to optimize them.
In this blog, we are going to learn all about creating app campaigns in a better manner.
Do you really want to advertise your app with a good amount of profit? Then you should know how the app campaign works!
How the Google App Campaign works in real-time
Like all other Google ad campaigns, there is no need to design individual design for app campaigns. It means you will directly get the property design format for app campaigns. The requirement is of the text ideas of assets which includes your App Store listing to design a variety of ads in several formats and networks.
Initially, you need to provide required text, starting bid in the budget, and later in the format, you will be asked to provide the target languages and location for your ads. As per the format it is recommended to provide a landscape image, portrait video and landscape video and if necessary HTML5 assets.
The algorithm used in the system will test the different combination and will serve the ads which were performed best for your campaign you need not do extra efforts after that.
In order to help the customers, Google automates the targeting in bidding. so that you can invest your time in finding your valuable users based on your actions and observations that you made in the ad campaign, for example, like in-app conversions.
As we all know that Google it’s a combination of text images videos in HTML5 assets that user upload assets from the listing of the application in the relevant application store.
This is a process in which the system shuffles the assets and find the best possible ads and later adjust width automatically so that you will get the most downloads for your app. This will really help in achieving your objectives related to installation, app conversion end target return on ad spend (tROAS).
For instance, if your App campaign includes the ad of one light text and it is performing better than the other the system will learn to show better text more often. This is how the algorithm works so that the user gets the best profit out of the investment.
Possible areas of ads appearance
Your ad can appear on almost all Google properties. It includes Google Play, youtube, google search, AdMob, Google display network and many other Google partners which are involved in-app ads hosting.
Google matches your keywords with your ad campaign and provides the relevant ads in the search results which also includes the list of add from Google Play.
Similarly, if you search for the app for a particular keyword in the Google Play you will find some ads related to the keywords you search for.
You also get the ads in the form of you may also like, related to this app and suggested for you.
Sometimes you also get the ads inside your application for example you see another video games add in the game that you play.
Google ads also show ads on YouTube because the probability of getting clicked is extra over there in addition to the high number of downloads.
Google display network includes the appearance of Google app ads on Gmail other apps new websites blogs and other sites across the internet.
Yours will also be on the Google discover where you can easily serve visually rich ads to users as per their address.
How to do Google App Campaign optimization and bidding
Majorly speaking there are three types by which you can optimize your App campaign as per your marketing goals
1. Focus on getting more installations
Your focus should be on getting more installations by optimizing your bits and targeting so that you get the high number of users for your app. Whatever the bid you said should be average so that you can also manage the budget. Advanced option in the format with which you can target users likely to install your application or do some action as per your marketing goals.
2. You need to focus on driving in-app actions
If you want to play the long run, you need to find valuable users. For this, you need to have the key for in App action as a conversion event. You can use this option so that you can find valuable users. You have to set the specific in-app actions for the selected campaign. Plus you can set target CPA (cost per action) so that the average paint takes place whenever someone performs the in-app action in your app.
3. You need to concentrate on driving in action value
Google always focuses on the people who are generating the best value with time and thereby your campaign must be focused on in-app action value.
Like I said the bad you said should be leverage conversion value that you could get whatever you invest. Google termed it as target Return On Ad Spend (Target- ROAS). For Example, if you have a goal that your users spend dollar 1 in your in-app purchases during the conversion whatever you spend must include 50% target ROAS. Then only it will be useful in achieving your marketing goals.
How to check your observation
You can see changes by implementing various changes to your App campaigns. The performance of your App campaign by implementing different bidding strategies and diversifying the audiences. You can check your edits at change history and annotations in the performance chart. You will be able to see which changes impacted the performance most in a better way or not.
Step by step tutorial to create Google App Campaign
App campaigns help in promoting your personalized app across Google Search, Google Play, mobile sites, YouTube and within-the-app also on the display network.
In this section, you will get to know I can create app campaigns to your Google ads account.
Before you begin, it is necessary to know about how this campaign works which it which we already discussed in the previous section.
Follow the steps to create an app campaign
1. Go to Google ads and sign into it
2. Go to the left side of the screen then select the page menu and choose campaigns
3. To create a new campaign click on the plus button
4. We will set our campaign goal, so we select app promotion
5. There are two options app installs and app engagement, select one for your campaign subtype
6. It’s time to select the app’s platform
7. Now insert app name, package name or publisher in your search field, choose your app from the auto-generated dropdown list. Here all the installations are counted automatically by the Google ads is a conversion for Android apps in the Google Play Store. But firstly, it is important to set up mobile app conversion tracking
8. Choose to continue to proceed further
9. Now you must add a name for your campaign in the respected field. In addition to it, you must label it as app campaign in the name itself so that you can remember it in future
10. If you want to update your language or location settings, you can do now, if required. You should keep in mind that no translation of your ads is done by Google Ads. So, it is important to select your target languages
11. Now it’s time to set an average daily budget for your App campaign
12. If you want to optimize your campaign related to user actions, you can prioritize user actions from campaign optimization settings
13. Fix your target bids for your campaign. Now it is important to link your Google Play and Google ads account, you will see the projection of install volume from different range of targeted bids
14. Next step is to set the dates for the campaign. Start dates and end dates must be set as per your budget for app campaign goal
15. There is an exclusive option for a video ad. Choose a video to add option if you want to use videos ad in the display network
16. Now save and continue to proceed
17. Insert ad group name. It must be unique and it should indicate that it is an app campaign
18. Insert the minimum of two headline ideas and one description idea in the Ad assets. It is recommended to add at least five of each
19. There is an option to add up to 20 each of the following assets
|They must be hosted on YouTube||Image format used are .jpg, .gif, or .png with a maximum size of 150 kb||The allowed format for HTML5 is .zip with 1MB as maximum size and a limit of 40 files can be added|
|The recommended orientation forms are landscape, portrait or square||Use landscape format for the native ads||It is important to validate your HTML5 zip file before uploading and you can do this through HTML5 Validator tool|
|In case of absence of any video, Google ads automatically generate the video using the other assets available in the app store listing||Use portrait images for the interstitial ads||The allowed zip files by Google are: 480×320 for landscape interstitial which can be variable size, 320×480 for portrait interstitial which can be variable size, 300×250 is of fixed size, 320×50 is of fixed size|
|Other allowed format sizes are: 320×50 pixels, 320×480 pixels, and 300×250 pixels|
20. Now save and continue
Note: keep checking your App campaign performance and keep modifying the app campaign assets for better performance and excellent user experience. For instance, images and videos should be real-time so that the user feels native.
Tips to consider-
1. If you use video in-app campaign, the recommended size is square or vertical
2. If you want to see your App campaigns statistics in your developer console, you need to create your Google ad campaign using Google Play developer account
Our Best Blog: YouTube Advertising: Use 7 easy tips for 111% Profit